Wednesday 9 March 2011

Zoe Keramea

I'm really into geometric art of many types so when i ran across these images on the internet i was smitten! They are malleable paper sculptures by the wonderful athens-born Zoe Keramea. 
This set of images are of the Leopard Moth series.
Despite the fact that I hate insects (!)  I find the intricacy of the sculpted paper triangles beautiful and the use of a monotone colour palette just lets you focus on the shape and the form.




My next project at uni is about learning embellishment and embroidery which I'm really looking forward to. i really want to focus on geometric shapes and i'm not sure how yet, but will somehow wield these images into my research :)

I'd really like to play more with geometric collaging like in my 'Estelle' illustration in one of my previous posts, so look out for that :)



No comments:

Post a Comment